GermGuardian is a brand that provides an entire range of small appliance-based solutions – all of which allow you to live a healthier life at home. They are mostly popular for their air purifiers due to their ability to keep germs and viruses out of the air. This way, you can continue being healthy and breathing clean air in your house even when the air outside is entirely polluted. That being said, for that to happen, you will need to pick out the best GermGuardian air purifiers.
There are many good products out there, as every GermGuardian purifier has different settings and features. This is why you may want to read as many GermGuardian air purifiers reviews as possible – to ensure that the product you are buying is one of the best that you can get. You need to purchase a product that may fit your room size, your air filtering settings, and your durability needs – all while being in your price range. For this reason, this review will help you make your choice.
Best GermGuardian Air Purifiers Comparison Chart
GermGuardian AC5350B Air Purifier
|View On Amazon|
GermGuardian AC4825 Air Purifier
|View On Amazon|
GermGuardian AC4300WPT Air Purifier True HEPA Filter
|View On Amazon|
GermGuardian AC4100 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
|View On Amazon|
GermGuardian AC5900W Air Purifier
|View On Amazon|
Best GermGuardian Air Purifier – (Recommended Picks)
1. GermGuardian AC5350B Air Purifier
Those of you looking for a multifunctional air purifier might find this GermGuardian AC5350B model useful. Featuring a true HEPA filter, not only can it catch up to 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns, but it also kills the smaller viruses that pass through the filter. This is all thanks to the UV-C technology that has been added to remove the germs.
That being said, aside from the germ-removing properties, this one can also remove the odors from the air and make the air seem fresh. It is all thanks to the activated charcoal filters that have been fitted into the purifier. This is quite a convenient option if you have mold in your home and want to remove the odors.
The air purifier itself is very quiet, especially when you put it in the lowest setting. It features a programmable setting that includes a timer – one that will allow you to get a good night’s sleep, without being bothered by the noise. Plus, with its 180 sq. ft. coverage that filters the air four times per hour, it is the perfect choice for small rooms.
- It features a very quiet action
- Can efficiently remove both allergens and viruses from the air
- The air remains odor-free at all times
- It makes a rather rattling noise after some time of use.
- In comparison to units that have quite a smaller coverage, this one can cover a big surface. Plus, since it was equipped with a True HEPA filter, not only does it clear the house of allergens, but it also keeps viruses away – ensuring that you remain healthy at all times.
2. GermGuardian AC4825 Air Purifier
Looking to remove all contaminants in the air? Thanks to its true HEPA filter, this unit may efficiently remove every harmful thing from the air. From dust mites and pet dander to pollen, smoke, and mold – nothing has the chance of surviving. Plus, thanks to its UV-C rays and charcoal filters, not only can it remove smaller viruses, but it may also eliminate any odors you have in your home.
This unit is Energy Star Certified, along with carbon compliant. This means that not only does it use very little power (therefore, bringing down your energy bill), but it will also not add much to the carbon release in the atmosphere. So, you will be helping your budget and the planet as well.
The CADR numbers are 108 for tobacco, 118 for dust, and 125 for pollen – meaning that the GermGuardian AC4825 is the perfect choice if you are suffering from allergies. Plus, since it can easily cover a 167 square feet surface, it is a suitable product for large rooms and offices. However, you may want to ensure that every window is closed, as this will improve the efficiency of the unit.
- Capable of destroying allergens, germs, and viruses
- Quick purifying process
- Very quiet operation, particularly at a lower setting
- Tends to emit a bothersome burning smell
- It has difficulties in filtering heavily polluted air (e.g. from a smoker’s house)
- Like the GermGuardian AC5350B, this one can also cover quite a large surface and remove 99.97% of the contaminants. However, it tends to be a bit quieter, particularly when you put it on a low setting – and it also uses less power. This will keep your energy consumption levels low.
3. GermGuardian AC4300WPT Air Purifier True HEPA Filter
If you are continuously bothered by allergies, then you might want to give this unit a try. With its true HEPA filters that can sanitize the air, along with the UV-C light, nothing should be able to get past its “wards.” From pet dander to bacteria and viruses, this unit will filter the air four times within an hour, allowing you to only breathe clean air.
The AC4300WPT allows you to choose between three different speeds: low, medium, and high. This way, you may set it yourself for the level of pollution you have in your home. The UV-C light is optional, but you may also get it started if you are concerned about viruses.
The lower you go with the settings, the quieter the unit will be. This can be quite a convenient choice for evening use, particularly when you are easily bothered by sounds. Even when the settings are low, it can efficiently remove contaminants and odors –ensuring that you only breathe clean air.
- True HEPA filters that keep the smallest contaminants at bay
- Reduces the need to clean up the dust from furniture
- It’s very easy to replace the filters when the need comes
- Very quiet operation when you put it on the lowest setting
- The high setting of the fan is very loud
- Filtering ability is quite poor on the lower setting
- Like the AC4825 and the AC5350B, this model can easily remove 99.97% of the contaminants in the air, eliminating any odors in the process as well. It can also cover the same area (167 sq. ft.) and is also equipped with the same filters – ensuring that you remain healthy and only breathe clean air.
4. GermGuardian AC4100 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
If you are looking for an air purifier capable of cleaning a smaller room, you may want to go for the AC4100 air purifier. With the ability to cover 78 square feet in total, it can help you keep the air in your bedroom or a small office clean.
The CADR of this unit is smaller in comparison to the other GermGuardian units – namely 50 for smoke, 76 for pollen, and 56 for dust. This means that it’s quite a good choice for those that suffer from allergy issues. It can also be set at 3 different speeds, meaning that it may work based on your particular needs.
The air purifier has been given a true HEPA filter, along with UV-C lighting. This way, you will know that allergens are captured, and airborne viruses are destroyed. Odors are also eliminated thanks to the activated charcoal filters that this unit has been equipped with.
At 11 inches in height, this model is half the size of most GermGuardian products, meaning that you may easily carry it from one place to another if you wish to purify different rooms. Plus, the item itself is very light in comparison to other GermGuardian units, meaning that you may easily place it on a higher surface.
- Very lightweight and compact
- Can efficiently clean contaminants from the air of a small room
- Can easily be moved from the floor to a desk, without any issues
- The unit is very loud, even when you put on the lowest setting
- The AC4100 is much smaller in comparison to the AC4300WPT or the AC4825 – being actually at only half their size. That being said, even if its coverage has also been halved, this unit is more portable in comparison to other much heavier models.
5. GermGuardian AC5900W Air Purifier
Those of you looking for an air purifier that is capable of cleaning the air of even bigger rooms might want to give the GermGuardian AC5900W a try. With the ability to clean the air in rooms up to 338 sq. ft., it is a good unit to use in a large office or in big houses that have large living rooms.
Depending on the pollution level in your home, you may choose one of the three-speed settings. The air is filtered 4 times per hour, and the CADR rating of the unit it 220 for dust, 215 for pollen, and 218 for smoke – making it quite a good choice if you wish to improve the air quality in your home.
The unit has been given every filter necessary to ensure the purity of the house. Not only does it have a true HEPA filter, but it also comes with UV-C lights. This way, the contaminants are not only captured by the filters but also destroyed by the rays. Any remaining odors will be removed as they pass through the activated carbon filter of the unit.
When it’s at the lowest setting, the unit only produces a gentle white noise that will almost lull you to sleep. Plus, the unit is Energy Star rated, meaning that it will not consume as much energy. You will be saving money on the power bill, but at the same time, you will be helping the environment.
- Extremely quiet when you set it at the lowest setting
- Very compact and energy-efficient
- Very powerful air-purifying properties, considering its size
- It has some difficulties in removing smoke odors
- In comparison with other models such as the AC4100 or the AC4825, this one covers a very large surface – making it the perfect choice if you have a bigger house with sizeable rooms. That being said, it is also heavier – but it makes sense, considering its capacity.
Customer Support and Warranty for GermGuardian
Customer support is offered at all times for those that are in need of assistance from the GermGuardian staff. If the answer to any of your potential questions is not on their FAQ page, then you may contact them via the number provided on their website, or the email that they also attached on the support page. As soon as someone becomes available, you will be able to get answers to any questions that you may have.
That being said, most of their products also have a warranty – one that you will receive with your product’s arrival. When it comes to air purifiers, the average warranty is 5 years (a limited warranty), which means that if something goes wrong with your product during that time, you are free to contact someone within the customer support.
GermGuardian Air Purifier Features
GermGuardian is a brand that has always impressed when it comes to its air cleaning property – particularly the fact that it removes even small, virus-sized contaminants from the air. Still, no matter if you are looking for an air purifier to reduce mold or one to remove viruses, there are a few features that make GermGuardian the go-to for most people.
- Innovative Technology
One thing that GermGuardian takes great pride in is the fact that they continuously bring innovations into their technology. Using Titanium Dioxide to deal with volatile organic microorganisms, along with other innovative technology, the promise is to provide durable units that may easily improve the quality of the air in your home.
- Great Air Purifying Properties
Unlike most air purifiers that generally focus on relieving allergens, this one also works to destroy smaller bacteria and airborne viruses. This is why, like the Honeywell air purifier, it makes use of true HEPA filters along with UV-C lights – a combo that not only catches viruses but also destroys them. This way, you will be safe from your allergies affecting you and you will be protected from any dangerous pathogens that are floating in the air.
- Compact Size
In most cases, air purifiers tend to be rather big and bulky, because they need to purify quite a lot of air. That being said, like the Dyson air purifier, GermGuardian models tend to be rather compact – some more than others. Quite a few air purifiers have a very slim figure or are lightweight enough to be placed on a desk – making them a good choice for those that have little space to go on.
When it comes to air purifiers, GermGuardian has never failed to impress. Many people appreciate it for its ability to kill airborne viruses, making it a great choice for those with a weak health situation. This is why the best GermGuardian air purifiers have always been a great addition to every home.
Hopefully, our GermGuardian air purifier reviews have been useful to you. We focused on your needs, as well as other matters of importance to ensure that we provide an effective and useful review. Now, all that is left for you to do is to get the product, turn it on, and allow it to do its magic.